Updated May 2018
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- All of the information we hold will have been provided by you.
- The sort of information (data) we hold includes your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, the name of your business and the industry in which you operate. We also maintain records of when you contact us, and this could be by either storing emails or making notes of information discussed in phone calls.
- We use your information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied.
- We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at email@example.com.
- When someone visits www.dorsetpublications.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- We’ll only ever disclose information about you to third parties if we’re legally obliged to do so, or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
- If, in the future, we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that which it was collected for, we’ll provide you with information about that.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data:
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA 18 with regard to your personal data.
Identity and contact details of controller and data compliance advisor
Dorset Publications is the controller of data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at:
1 Moorlands Rise
Would you like to advertise with us?
Latest Blog Posts
Stephen and I do hope that business is going well for you. September is a GREAT time to promote your goods and services.read more
Debbie reads out a thank you letter that we received from one lucky winner!read more
Listen to Debbie reading a letter that we received from one such resident.read more